- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
Help & FAQs
About Komen North & West Texas
Is Susan G. Komen a nonprofit?
Susan G. Komen is a Texas nonprofit corporation. Komen is a public charity exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Can I mail in my donation?
Yes, we gratefully accept donations via regular mail (in addition to online donations). Please Mail your donations to:
Susan G. Komen North & West Texas
P.O. Box 261730
Plano, TX 75026
If I make a donation, how will my money be used?
Of the net proceeds raised by Komen North Texas, 75% will be invested in local breast health and breast cancer programs; the remaining 25% will be invested in national scientific research.
Is my contribution deductible?
Contributions to Susan G. Komen may be tax-deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law. Please check with your personal tax advisor regarding the deductibility of your gift. Please note that event entry fees are not tax-deductible.
Monthly Giving is Easy
Please consider a monthly gift to help us further our progress in the fight against breast cancer. Click the ‘Donate Now’ button at the top-right corner of your screen. Simply check the box below the gift amount to indicate you would like your gift to be processed each month and complete the form. Once the form is submitted, the monthly gift will be processed automatically with the credit card information you have provided.
When will my credit card first be charged?
Your first gift will be charged immediately when you create it online. Subsequent gifts will be charged each month on the same or next closest business date to your initial sustaining donation date. Monthly sustaining gift requests received by mail or phone will be processed 24 – 48 business hours after receipt.
Will I receive verification of my donations for tax purposes?
Each month, after your donation is processed, you will receive an email with your donation receipt attached. Please print or save these emails and attachment as your gift substantiation. If you don’t see these notifications in your email Inbox, please check your Spam or Junk folders.
Phone or mailed donations of $10 or more receive an email with your donation receipt attached. Please retain as your gift substantiation.
How do I stop or change my recurring donation?
You remain in control of your giving. With an email message or phone call, you can change your monthly giving amount. Please contact our staff by calling us at 972-378-4808 or by emailing email@example.com.
A cancellation request will be honored the same month as received, provided notification was received prior to the monthly charge.
What do donors receive for their gifts?
In addition to knowing that you have joined in the fight to eradicate breast cancer as a life-threatening disease by advancing research, education, screening and treatment, you will receive our monthly newsletter. This includes updates about the latest research on breast cancer prevention and treatment, local event information, and community impact stories.
For all other questions about Komen North & West Texas, its events, its investments, or for breast health information, please call 972-378-4808 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.