Our community partners make it easy to give to Komen North & West Texas. Below are several easy ways to give back to our organization.
You already shop on Amazon.com so add the word Smile to the beginning of that web address (smile.amazon.com) and you’ll be helping Komen North Texas save lives and end breast cancer forever with each purchase! Amazon will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases made to Susan G. Komen North & West Texas whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
To get started, simply click here and log in with your existing Amazon account information. That’s it! You’re done! Going forward, simply remember to go to smile.amazon.com to start your shopping rather than amazon.com and 0.5% of all your purchases will go to Komen North Texas.
Link above not working? Here’s another way to set up your Smile account:
- Visit smile.amazon.com.
- Sign in using your regular Amazon user ID and password.
- Next, enter “Susan G. Komen North Texas” into the search bar and click “Search.”
- More than one entry may be listed – select the Komen entry that is based in Plano to support Komen North Texas.
- Happy shopping! You’ll see the words “Eligible for AMAZONSMILE donation” next to the products that will generate a donation for Komen North Texas.
eBay Giving Works
You can support us when you buy or sell on eBay with the eBay Giving Works program.
Buy – You can find whatever you’re looking for on eBay, from baseball cards to new cars and more. When you do, shop for items that benefit Komen North & West Texas. You can get a great deal and save lives at the same time!
Sell – Did you know that charity listings often get more bids and higher prices than regular eBay listings? Boost your sales and support our critical work while you’re at it! Plus eBay gives back to you too, with a fee credit on your basic selling fees.
Gifts of Stock
Your stock broker can assist you in making a gift of stock via a direct transfer to Susan G. Komen North & West Texas. Giving a gift of publicly traded stock that has increased in value and that you have owned for more than one year may provide greater tax benefits than giving cash. Your charitable income tax deduction may be equal to the fair market value of the stock and you could avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the current value over the original cost of the stock. You may also save by not incurring brokerage fees because you are transferring ownership rather than selling the stock.
If you would like more information on how to transfer a gift of stock to Komen, below is information on who to contact:
Brokerage House: UBS Financial Services
Account Name: SUSAN G. KOMEN
Financial Advisor: Loren S. Koziol
Telephone Number: 214.932.8902
Primary contact at Komen: Felecia Martin at email@example.com
Donate Your Vehicle
Donate your car, truck, motorcycle, RV, or boat to benefit Komen North & West Texas, and you’re helping save lives in our 91-county community. Your donation provides funding for research aimed at finding new ways to detect, treat and prevent breast cancer, and services that ensure everyone in our community has access to quality care when they need it.
At no cost to you, Komen will arrange to pick up your car, truck, boat, motorcycle, RV, or other qualified vehicle in the North & West Texas area. Upon sale, we will provide you proper tax forms. Our customer service representatives are available to assist you through the process and may be reached by calling 877-775-6636 (877-77-KOMEN).
Donate your vehicle to us today.
Kroger Community Rewards Program
Did you know that every time you use your Kroger Plus card account, you could earn rewards for Susan G. Komen North Texas at no charge to you?
Kroger Community Rewards makes fundraising easy – all you have to do is shop at Kroger and swipe your Plus Card!
Instructions for Kroger Community Rewards Supporters
For those who already have a Kroger Plus Card, visit www.KrogerCommunityRewards.com, sign in, and skip to #6 of the instructions below. If you have an account but are unsure of your account number, call 800-576-4377 and select option 4 to get your Plus Card number.
- Visit www.KrogerCommunityRewards.com.
- Click “Register.”
- Enter your email address, create a password, enter your zip code, select your favorite store, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Next, you will get a message asking you to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email that was sent to activate your Kroger Plus account.
- Enter your email address and password and proceed to the next step.
- Click on “Edit” in the “Community Rewards” section.
- Enter your organization’s number (44185) or name (Susan G. Komen North Texas) and then click on “Search.”
- Select Susan G. Komen North Texas and click on “Save.”
- To verify that you enrolled correctly, you will see “Susan G. Komen North Texas” on the right side of your account settings page.
- Once you are linked, you can start earning rewards immediately toward Susan G. Komen North Texas. (Note: The message saying that you are supporting an organization through the Kroger Community Rewards Program will start printing on your receipts about 10 business days after you linked your card.)
Remember – you must swipe your registered Kroger Plus Card or use your alternate ID when shopping for each purchase to count!